Being in Love with yourself is good for you.

In a recent book published by Dr Craig Malkin, he references that actually being in love with your own reflection is actually good for you, but don't over do it. 


Narcissus stems from Greek mythology of a youth, who was so handsome that everyone he met fell in love with him instantly. But all this admiration hardened his heart and made him indifferent with others.


The gods grew tired of him and placed a curse on him that he too would feel the pain of unrequited love. 


Soon after he laid beside a pond and caught sight of his own reflection and fell madly in love with it. So drawn to the reflection that he dived into the water and drowned. Any comparisons with reality starts and celebrities, I'll let you come to your own conclusions. 


If you would like to see where you sit on the Narcissism test take the test below. 




THE NARCISSISM TEST  

On a scale of 1 to 5, indicate how much you agree or disagree with each item, using the guide below

1 - strongly disagree

2 - disagree

3 - neutral

4 - agree

5 - strongly agree


1. I know there;s something special about me

2. I’m great at a lot of things compared to most people

3. I secretly believe I’m better than most people

4. I press on even in challenging tasks

5. Obstacles rarely slow me down

6. I’m self-confident, but caring

7. I feel uneasy when I’m the focus of attention

8. I find it hard to enjoy compliments

9. I don’t like to talk about myself



THE RESULTS 

Extreme Narcissism: Add items 1–3 and enter your score here:

Healthy Narcissism: Add items 4-6 and enter your score here:

Echoism: Add items 7-9 and enter your score here:

All three scores are related to narcissism, but reflect very different patterns of behaviour.

Echoism: 10 is average; 12 and up is high. High echoism means you’re worried about burdening others and rarely assert your needs.

Healthy Narcissism: 11 is average; 12 and up is high. Healthy narcissism means you’re empathic, ambitious, caring and confident.

Extreme narcissism: 9 is average; 10 is high. High scorers tend to be selfish manipulative, demanding, and often arrogant. 11 or higher could even mean you’re an extreme narcissist, though if you’re under the age 25, this could change over time.

In general, you’re highest score is dominant, but extreme narcissism trumps them all when it’s high.






Comments

Popular Posts